Citizen Complaint

The Berkeley County Sheriff's Office is committed to providing the quality law enforcement performance and effective community relations based upon trust. We encourage complaints and/or questions about the Sheriff's Office performance or the actions of its personnel.

All complaints shall be promptly and thoroughly investigated. If the complaint is of a less serious nature it will be assigned to the appropriate supervisor for follow up. However, complaints of a serious nature shall be turned over to the Office of Professional Standards/Internal Affairs for investigation.

If you wish to file a complaint on a deputy or an employee, or if you feel that a deputy or an employee has acted improperly, you may register your complaint in the following ways:

  1. At any time, during regular business hours, you may come to the front desk of the Berkeley County Sheriff's Office located at 223 N. Live Oak Drive, Moncks Corner, SC and request to speak with a supervisor or a representative from the Office of Professional Standards. Staff will assist in supplying the proper forms to file your complaint.
  2. If you cannot come to the Sheriff's Office you can call the Office of Professional Standards at 843-719-4466 and you will be assisted.
  3. You must make your complaint in writing and forward it to:

Berkeley County Sheriff's Office
Attn: Office of Professional Standards
PO Box 6122
Moncks Corner, SC 29461

For your convenience you may print out the form at the link below, complete the form, and then either deliver the completed form to the Sheriff's Office or mail the completed form to address listed above.

The complainant shall be notified and advised of the outcome of all reports filed. The Berkeley County Sheriff's Office has policy and procedures in place to address citizen complaints.

Citizen Complaint Form