Voters Registration & Elections
Adam M. Hammons, Director
To register all qualified persons to vote, provide absentee voting services, validate signatures on candidate petitions, maintain accurate updated files on voters, prepare for and run all County elections, and provide all voters and elections services in a totally non-partisan atmosphere.
Important Information for Voters
Beginning January 1, 2013 A Photo Id will be required to vote.
More information may be found at the SC State Election Commission.
- Register to vote
- Change address voter registration
- Check your voter information
- Request an absentee ballot
To get your application online, you must be able to print your application or save your application for printing later. You can only get your application online once.
|2015 Berkeley County Election Calendar and Important Dates|
|Date of Election||Registration Deadline||Name of Election||Notice||Sample||Results||Audit|
|Mar 24, 2015||Feb 21, 2015||County Council District 2 Special Primary||Canceled|
|Mar 31, 2015||Feb 28, 2015||Town of Moncks Corner Special Election - Mayor||Notice||Ballot|
|Apr 21, 2015||Mar 21, 2015||Berkeley County Sheriff Special Primary||Notice||Ballot|
|May 5, 2015||Mar 21, 2015||Berkeley County Sheriff Special Runoff (If Needed)|
|May 12, 2015||Apr 11, 2015||County Council District 2 Special Election||Canceled|
|Jun 9, 2015||May 9, 2015||Berkeley County Sheriff Special Election|
|Nov 3, 2015||Oct 3, 2015||Town of Moncks Corner General Election|
|Nov 3, 2015||Oct 3, 2015||Town of Summerville General Election|
|Nov 3, 2015||Oct 3, 2015||City of Charleston General Election|
***This List is Inclusive of all known 2015 Elections, Special Elections may be added as required***
South Carolina law requires one must first register to vote at least 30 days prior to the election. To be eligible to register in South Carolina you MUST:
- be a United States citizen
- be at least eighteen years old on or before the next election
- be a resident of South Carolina, this county and precinct
- not be under a court order declaring you mentally incompetent
- not be confined in any public prison resulting from a conviction of a crime
- have never been convicted of a felony or offense against the election laws OR if previously convicted, have served the entire sentence, including probation or parole, or have received a pardon for the conviction.
Berkeley County citizens can register Mondays-Fridays at the Voter Registration and Elections Office in Moncks Corner. Citizens may also register Tuesdays-Fridays and Saturday at Farley's Barber Shop at 1298 Yeamans Hall Road, Hanahan.
As an added convenience, citizens can pick up Voter Registration-By-Mail forms at:
- The public libraries in Hanahan and Goose Creek
- Goose Creek City Hall
- Post Offices: Bonneau, Cross, Cordesville, Huger, Jamestown, Pineville, Russellville and St. Stephen.
Absentee ballots may be requested from this office during normal business hours. By phone 843.719.4059 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.