Kace Smith, Director
The mission of the Finance Department is to manage and maintain financial records in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles and in compliance with State and Federal laws; to develop and maintain effective and efficient financial planning and reporting in order to support the operating departments in achieving their objectives; to provide the Supervisor and County Council with financial information on a timely and meaningful basis and to provide quality service to employees and citizens of Berkeley County."
The responsibilities of Berkeley County Finance Department include:
- Timely processing of payments to vendors
- Processing and maintaining employee time records
- Issuing employee payroll checks
- Maintaining accounting records
- Preparing the Berkeley County’s Annual Budget
- Preparing the Annual Financial Report
- Maintaining financial and fixed asset inventory records for all County departments
Applications from government entities and 501(c) tax exempt organizations will be accepted until Friday, July 25, 2014.
Accommodations Tax Documents