You are here


Moncks Corner
843.723.3800 ext. 4127
St. Stephen
843.567.3136 ext. 4127
(F) 843.719.4695
Office Hours
8am-4pm M-F
1003 Highway 52
Moncks Corner, SC 29461
Mailing Address
PO Box 6122
Moncks Corner, SC 29461
Additional Information
Engineering map

Frank Carson, Director

Site Plan Review

The Engineering Department performs site plan review to ensure that drainage plans meet applicable County requirements. Site plans are submitted with other project plans to the Permitting Department and distributed from that office. The Engineering Department staff will also meet with owners/developers and engineers to review and discuss preliminary plans prior to submittal for permits.

Subdivision Plan Review

This Department reviews plats and construction plans for roads and drainage facilities proposed for subdivisions in the unincorporated areas of Berkeley County, as well as the construction plans for those municipal subdivisions in which the County is being asked to accept the roads for maintenance. Developers and their engineers are encouraged to review the project with the department staff in the planning stages.

Construction Inspection

The Engineering Department staff inspects construction of roads and drainage facilities which are proposed to be maintained by Berkeley County upon completion. These are primarily subdivision development projects.

Project Management

This service includes management of design and construction of County facilities; both new construction and renovation. The staff also assists other departments in planning and budgeting for additional facilities and improvements. Road improvement projects funded by the Berkeley County Transportation Committee under the C-Fund Program are managed by the Engineering Department. In addition, petition forms for requesting C-Fund Program funding for projects may be obtained from this office.

Technical Assistance

The Engineering Department provides technical assistance to other County departments as well as other public agencies. Typically, this assistance is related to roads, drainage, recreation facilities, site improvements, and building improvements.

Encroachment Permits

Encroachments within County maintained roads or road rights-of-way and drainage easements require an encroachment permit prior to beginning work. This includes, but is not limited to, driveways, fences, landscaping, and utility lines. Permit applications can be obtained from the Department office.

Copyright Berkeley County Government © 2014