You are here

Clerk of Courts

Clerk of Court, Court of Common Pleas and Court of General Sessions

Family Court
Office Hours
9am-5pm M-F
300-B California Avenue
Moncks Corner, SC 29461
Mailing Address
PO Box 219
Moncks Corner, SC 29461
Additional Information
Clerk of Courts Mary P Brown

Mary P. Brown, Berkeley County Clerk of Courts

Berkeley County Clerk of Courts is responsible for the following:

  • Process legal actions of a civil nature, for claims involving more than $7,500. You may also contact Magistrate's Court (843) 719-4220
  • Maintain the records of cases heard in the Court of Common Pleas, which involve civil disputes between two or more parties
  • Keep records of criminal cases heard in the Court of General Sessions
  • Maintain the records of Family Court which includes juvenile, domestic relations, child support, interstate custody, abuse and neglect, termination of parental rights orders of protection, adoption and Uniform Reciprocal Enforcement of Support Act cases
  • Schedule Civil Jury and Non-Jury trials
  • Keep records of judgments for the Court of Common Pleas
  • Prepare and schedule hearing dockets for Family Court judges
  • Collect and disburse court-ordered monies
  • Maintain records of bond issues
  • Provide copies of divorce decrees and maintain the records of divorce proceedings
  • Record notaries and maintain notary applications

Welcome to the South Carolina Courts

Helpful Contacts

If you are in need of an attorney, there are several sources of information available that can assist you in making an informed decision. For attorney information, call the S.C. Lawyers Referral Service at (800) 868-2284 or the South Carolina Legal Services (888) 346-5592.

Self-Represented Litigant Divorce Forms

Schedule criminal cases for trial; contact the Solicitor's Office (843) 719-4529

Filing of general partnership forms; contact the Register of Deeds' Office (843) 719-4084

Issue marriage licenses or maintain marriage records; contact Probate Court (843) 719-4519

Record land transactions; contact the Register of Deeds' Office (843) 719-4084

Issue restraining orders; contact Magistrate Courts (843) 719-4220

Accept payment for traffic tickets; contact Magistrate Courts (843) 719-4220

Copyright Berkeley County Government © 2014